Start Your Career
In Cosmetology Today
This 1500 Hour program provides education and experience in the current and emerging technology within the scientific and practical study of a beauty culture with instruction in the care and beautifications of hair, skins and nails. Enroll today!
Find Your Future with Cosmetology at Blue Cliff
This 1500 Hour program provides education and experience in the current and emerging technology within the scientific and practical study of a beauty culture with instruction in the care and beautifications of hair, skins, and nails. It also provides personal and professional image and ethical conduct. Practical skills and related knowledge are taught through theory class and laboratory experiences. Instruction is primarily competency based, derived from occupational analysis and/or recognized national standards.
Your Future, In Your Hands.
$ Annual Income $
Learn by doing in our Cosmetology Courses
The program provides the student with the skills and knowledge of the practice of nail, skin, and hair services. The skills include but are not limited to: manicuring, pedicuring, artificial nail enhancements, skin care, basic waxing services, application of make-up, shampooing, haircutting, hairstyling, braiding and extensions, wigs, chemical texture services, hair coloring, employment and business procedures in the salon and spa environment. Techniques covered also include cosmetic and hair chemistry, sanitation, safety, anatomy, salon management and
- Understand the importance of consumer safety and general safety procedures.
- Define ethics in the field of Cosmetology.
- Use ergonomic principles and correct postures when performing cosmetology procedures including hair, skin, and nails.
- Conduct a successful client consultation.
- Understand the principles and practices of infection control and universal precautions.
- Gain a practical knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology relating to basic and advanced cosmetology procedures.
- Ability to perform a range of motion and orthopedic testing.
- Gains knowledge of trigger point patterns and their effect on function.
- Describe the structure, composition, and function of the skin.
- Describe the structure and composition of nails and how they grow.
- Describe the structure and composition of hair and scalp.
- List hair and scalp disorders.
Proficiency Goals Cont’d
- Identify facial types and demonstrate basic makeup procedures for any occasion.
- Recognize and describe various disorders and irregularities of the nails.
- Perform manicure techniques in a safe manner using appropriate tools and supplies.
- Perform pedicure techniques in a safe manner using appropriate tools and supplies.
- Demonstrate the use of various artificial nail enhancements.
- Implement the proper procedure for application and removal of acrylic nail enhancements.
- Prepare for employment through testing for a license, preparing a resume, exploring the job market and researching for potential employers.
- List the qualities and habits of a good salon employee and demonstrate the ability to retail product.
- Prepare a business plan and list factors necessary to open a salon for self-employment.
- And Much Much More!!!
Our students deserve the best, so they get the best!
Employers Love Our Students!
Blue Cliff strives to develop and maintain very strong relationships with local employers. Employers are looking to hire our students day to day! What are you waiting for?
Real People, Real Careers
- Hair Stylist
- Platform Artist
- Salon Owner
- Spa Owner
- Celebrity Stylist
- Makeup Artist
- Wedding Stylist
- Skin Care Specialist
- Nail Specialist
- and much much more
What Classes Will you Take?
1500 Hour Curriculum
Acrylic Nails (20 Hours)
Basic Chemistry (14 Hours)
Basic Electricity (14 Hours)
Braiding and Braid Extensions* (7 Hours)
Chemical Texture Service* (22.5 Hours)
Communicating for Success* (12 Hours)
CPR/First Aid (3 Hours)
Facial Makeup* (22 Hours)
Facials* (22 Hours)
General Anatomy and Physiology (33.5 Hours)
Hair Coloring* (182.5 Hours)
Hair Cutting* (75 Hours)
Hair Removal* (16 Hours)
Hair Styling* (387 Hours)
History and Career Opportunities (3 Hours)
Infection Control Principles and Practice (17 Hours)
Laws Rules and Regulations* (12 Hours)
Life Skills* (5 Hours)
Manicuring* (13.5 Hours)
Nail Disease & Disorders (24Hours)
Nail Structure and Growth (14 Hours)
Nail Tips and Wraps & No Light Gels (23 Hours)
On the Job (1 Hours)
Pedicuring* (13 Hours)
Permanent Waving* (140 Hours)
Principles of Hair Design*(14 Hours)
Properties of Hair and Scalp* (22.5 Hours)
Seeking Employment (1 Hour)
Shampooing, Rinsing, and Conditioning* (57.5 Hours)
Skin Tease and Disorders* (22 Hours)
Skin Structure and Growth* (22 Hours)
Supervised Clinical Services* (245 Hours)
The Salon Business(1 Hour)
UV Gel Nails*(16 Hours)
Wigs and Hair Enhancements* (7 Hours)
Your Professional Image (6 Hours)
TOTAL CLOCK HOURS: 1500
When will you take them?
First, you have to choose between our day program or night program depending on what fits your schedule best.
Schedule: 12 – 14 Months
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Schedule: 18 – 19 Months
Monday- Thursday 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Classes with a * may be taken out of sequence and ** any sequence after Massage I: Swedish Massage. All schedules are subject to change without notice, and the latest schedules are enclosed with this catalog. Curriculum and the schedule
is subject to change by the school. If curriculum objectives are met in a given modality above, the balance of the hours may be attended in another course/module. All training hours earned and<br />measured only in clock hours.
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Blue Cliff’s area-leading massage therapy program please request more information below or give us a call. We’d be happy to answer any questions about our programs, financial assistance, or anything else related to massage therapy her at Blue Cliff.