Advanced Esthetician Program
1500 Hour Esthetics
Starting Your Career in Esthetics Today
What if you actually looked forward to going into work?
At Blue Cliff Career College we combine art, science and business to support you in building a career in the beauty and massage industry.
Sound too good to be true?
A new career is within reach with Scholarships and Financial Aid for those who qualify.
Your future is one click away #DOWHATYOULOVE.
Text / Call
Find Your Future with Esthetics at Blue Cliff
This 1500-hour program includes a solid foundation in the sciences related to Esthetics and the anatomy and physiology of the body with special emphasis on the head and neck. The importance of sanitation and skin analysis are stressed as the foundation for the practicing Esthetician. Hands on courses include, Basic Facials, Day and Night Makeup, Hair Growth and Removal, Aroma Therapy, Spa and Body Treatments, and International Spa to name a few.
$ Annual Income $
Find Your Future with Esthetics at Blue Cliff
This 1500 hour Esthetics program includes a solid foundation in the sciences related to Esthetics and the anatomy and physiology of the body with special emphasis on the head and neck. The importance of sanitation and skin analysis is stressed as the foundation for the practicing Esthetician. Hands on courses include, but are not limited to, Basic Facials, Day and Night Makeup, Hair Growth and Removal, Aroma Therapy, Spa and Body Treatments, and International Spa to name a few.
Learn by doing in our Esthetics Courses
Students begin with the basics for the beginning Esthetician, then moves in to intermediate skin care, advanced therapies, and ends with International Spa treatments and therapies. The student will learn the importance of health and nutrition as it relates to the body and mind.
After completing the 1500-hour program you will receive a diploma. This course prepares you to take the State Practical Exam (which is hands on) and the written exam. Both are required for you to obtain a license to practice Esthetics.
Demonstrate proficiency and confidence in performing basic aesthetic techniques as well as select advanced procedures.
Gain a practical knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology relating to basic and select advanced esthetic procedures.
Gain practical knowledge of the structure and function of the human body system as it relates to basic and select advanced practices.
Understand indication and contraindications for basic and advanced esthetic procedures and the use of advanced skin care machines.
Show proficiency in the use of advanced exfoliating procedures and equipment.
Demonstrate advanced skill in applying make-up
Proficiency Goals Cont.
- Gain an understanding of ethical and professional issues and client screening. Exhibit knowledge and skills in designing an effective treatment plan for the client’s skin condition.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in adjunct techniques and methods. Introduction to Aromatherapy.
- Gain an understanding of “Alternative” Practices and applications.
- Communicate appropriately with other health professions. This includes client referrals out as well as support of post plastic surgery clients.
- Manage facets of professional practice from legal/professional issues to marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with clients and prospective employers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic and select advanced waxing techniques for the face and body.
Employers Love Our Students!
Real People, Real Careers
- Basic Facial Treatments
- Hair Growth and Removal
- Night and Day Make-up
- Men’s Facials
- Spa and Body Treatments
- Facial Massage
- International Spa
What Classes Will You Take?
1500 Hour Curriculum
- Advanced ingredient technology (18 Hours)
- Analysis of the facial features & shapes (30 Hours)
- Anatomy & physiology (112 Hours)
- Anatomy of a facial (30 Hours)
- Aromatherapy (20 Hours)
- Basic Electricity (48 Hours)
- Basic Facial Treatment (30 Hours)
- Basic Shiatsu (35 Hours)
- Body Mechanics including Thai Chi (19 Hours)
- Bones, muscles & nerves of face & neck (41 Hours)
- Charting (10 Hours)
- Corrective makeup (108 Hours)
- CPR / first aid (20 Hours)
- Hair growth & removal (7 Hours)
- Health & nutrition (40 Hours)
- Histology & physiology of the skin (12 Hours)
- HIV (30 Hours)
- Holistic & alternative skin care (16 Hours)
- Industry overview (30 Hours)
- Infection control (5 Hours)
- Integration of program theories* (60 Hours)
- International spa (12 Hours)
- Laws, rules & regulations (30 Hours)
- Machines (20 Hours)
- Marketing (30 Hours)
- Massage (14 Hours)
- Men’s Facials (90 Hours)
- Night & day makeup (12 Hours)
- Pharmacology for esthetics (24 Hours)
- Product Knowledge & selection* (60 Hours)
- Professional makeup & techniques (15 Hours)
- Reflexology (17 Hours)
- Sanitation, disinfection & bacteriology* (32 Hours)
- Skin analysis* (6 Hours)
- Skin care history & opportunities (18 Hours)
- Skin types & treatments (60 Hours)
- Spa & body treatments (60 Hours)
- Supervised clinical practice (236 Hours)
- Treatment room (6 Hours)
- Your professional image* (4 Hours)
- TOTAL CLOCK HOURS: 1500
When Will You Take Them?
Day Program: Hybrid
12 – 14 Months
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
schedules are subject to change without notice, and the latest schedules are enclosed with this catalog.
Curriculum & schedule is subject to change by the school. If curriculum objectives are met in a given modality
above, the balance of the hours may be attended in another course/module. All training hours earned and
measured only in clock hours.